Friday, July 22, 2011

A SEX-CESSFUL MARRIAGE

OK I know this is an odd post! This post may not be for everyone but I feel it is very important and tends to be a touchy topic that needs to be brought to the surface so God can shine some light on it.  Remember women who seek God want to know Him and seek Him in every area of their lives, including sexual relations!

As I was doing today's reading in 1 Corinthians 7 Paul was teaching me about important principals in marriage and the Lords command in  keeping your marriage vows. Paul stresses over and over to satisfy and protect your spouse. I know this is a touchy subject so I am just sharing my failures and weaknesses. God reminded and encouraged me today.

In 1 Corinthians 7:5 it reads "Do not deprive one another except with consent for a time." The word deprive literally means do not rob one another. Yes Paul is referring to the romance area ladies!
                                                Satisfy and protect your spouse.
I fail here many times. I am always tired, busy and often not driven in the romance area at the end of a long day with kids and other activities. I still love my spouse to pieces but am I truly satisfying him? The answer is No. He is created with a different sex drive then me. I need to understand my spouses manhood! LOL

I would love to share a blog and article from bible.org (click here for the link) This article lays it all out ladies. I would also like to share a book that has been very helpful in my marriage in the area of sizzling romance.
 
Intimate Issues by Dillow and Pintus. This book is amazing and will bring the sizzle back into your marriage in many ways! It also will add new spice.

I like this book especially because many women have been a victim of sexual abuse and it seems impossible to get past the pain. This book has areas to help you see the truth and receive Gods healing. Dear friend, hold back no longer.. allow God to begin to heal you. God wants you to enjoy sex in your marriage bed.

I am grateful for Paul and his reminder today to SATISFY and PROTECT my husband.

Proverbs 5:15-19 "Drink from your own well, be faithful and true to your wife,....let your manhood be a blessing, rejoice in the wife of your youth. Let her charms and tender embrace, SATISFY you. Let her love alone fill you with delight."

Ask yourself how you are doing in this area? I am asking God today to help me become a Godly and more sensuous wife.

If you need more resources in this area please email me and I will help meet that need!

No comments:

Post a Comment