Friday, July 22, 2011

THE MARRIAGE BED

Undefiled means "not filthy"

Just this past week I had to complete a few classes for my biblical counseling credentials. The classes all pertained to marital life. One particular class was titled "Making your marriage a GREAT marriage." This class spoke on female sexuality and satisfaction.

God created sexuality as a gift with pleasures to be enjoyed by women as well as men. God wants our marriage bed to experience sexual fulfillment.

God created us to be sexual beings. We are designed to receive and transmit sexual feelings. This is honorable to God.

Why and how does the marriage bed become defiled?

I believe anger, shame and guilt have invaded the bedroom. Many times couples go to bed with a "barb wire" fence down the middle of their bed. Hurt and disappointed over an unmet expectation enters the bedroom.
 Marriage certainly brings some reality to our illusions of a blissful relationship with no problems, that doesn't mean we should give up! We need to learn to pursue the true, deep intimacy that God created us for. 
Challenges may be great and the odds against you may seem overpowering, but the good news is that it's never too late for a "NEW BEGINNING, " no matter what state of your marriage.

I am still learning how to cling to Gods precepts for marriage. God has given my husband and I a road to follow with specific directions to apply to every situation in life.
We both made a commitment to begin our journey over... when the odds against us seemed so overpowering.

I personally  needed to focus on the Lords plan and direction and not the PAIN and DISAPPOINTMENT that so easily distracted me.
 I was so discouraged and unhappy with my marriage, but was guided by a few significant Godly friends to "not give up." It was harder on certain days then others.

God had some great things to teach me during those times. I went on a journey toward forgiveness and wholeness. I believe through our marriage struggles and hurts,  I was open and exposed to a calling God had for my life.

My personal wounds became wisdom to Gods higher ways.

A marriage bed that is defiled can be made whole again.

 I have experienced the blessing of God's power and presence in my marriage.  I desire any woman reading today that is struggling, to consider approaching God with your issue and have a spirit of EXPECTATION.  God wants to drop in on your marriage and make it HONORABLE and PLEASING.

It does take an attitude that desires change and challenge. But remember that God will strengthen you and help you ENDURE.

"A good woman is hard to find, and worth far more than diamond. Her husband trusts her without reserve, and never has reason to regret it. Never spiteful, she treats him generously all her life long." Proverbs 31:10-12

A good woman will love at all times. Her husband is won to the Lord through her generosity and trust.

This is so hard to understand and much wisdom and support is needed as a woman seeks God to heal her marriage bed. Sometimes God leads us down another path if the situation is dangerous for His daughter.
 However, most of the time we make the decision to leave and not EMBRACE what God has for us and our husband. My test in marriage was a living testimony of embracing the challenge and allowing God to restore the marriage. It was not easy but God seen the diamond in the rough.

Allow God to renew your perspective by choosing to cultivate a deeper level of intimacy with God.

Do not become so focused on the problem that you do not hear or see Gods new directions

Approach God today friend with a spirit of EXPECTATION. He will open new doors to your destiny. Make a decision today...

No comments:

Post a Comment